Selling your home is all about knowing the local housing market. Pricing your home correctly is crucial to maximizing the highest selling price possible. As an area experts, We can help determine what direction the market is trending, so you can make the right choices when it comes to selling your home to get the highest price possible!
1. Determine If It’s Time to Sell
• Define your goals for the next 5-10 years.
• Research the local housing market.
• Calculate your home equity.
2. Consider the Cost to Sell
Expect to pay about 8% of the home’s sale price in closing costs, real estate agent commissions, transfer taxes, and prorated property taxes. Factor in these additional costs:
• Cost of preparing your home for sale
• Professional home inspection
• Capital gains tax • Mortgage payoff penalties
• Moving expenses
• Costs related to getting a mortgage for your new home We can provide you with a seller’s net sheet, giving you a more accurate figure upon request.
3. Evaluate Your Home’s Market Value and Set a Price
It’s important to Price It Right. We will provide a comparative market analysis (CMA), which will consist of comparable homes in your area with similar features and condition that sold within the past six months, average cost per square foot, and local market trends. We will take you on a tour of similar homes currently for sale to see how yours stacks up.
4. Set the Stage
We will visit your home and offer suggestions to help get you the highest price possible. Most of the time little improvements can go a long way. Your home will need to impress prospective buyers, and that’s where we come in to help! We do what it takes to insure your home photographs well and looks its best. If you aren’t sure where to start, here are a few ideas:
• Make necessary repairs.
• Make improvements to increase your curb appeal.
• Declutter, depersonalize, and decorate every room and outdoor areas so buyers can imagine themselves living in the home.
• Paint interior rooms neutral colors.
• Replace outdated lighting fixtures and window treatments. (We can also provide a more detailed list upon request.)
5. Nail the Debut
You’ll only get one chance to make a first impression with the photos and price of your home. Your listing will get 5 times more traffic in its first week than it will a month later. With 92% of homebuyers using the internet as part of their home search, photography is a critical factor in the selling price of your home.
6. Review Purchase Offers
For each offer, together we will go over:
• Preapproval letter
• Earnest money amount
• Proposed closing date We will help you determine if an offer meets all of your requirements and needs, and we will determine if a counter offer is necessary.
7. Get Through Escrow
As soon as escrow is opened, we will create a custom timeline outlining important dates throughout your escrow. Be sure to clean and prepare the home for the appraisal and home inspections. What about the Rest of the Process? The cold, hard truth is that once you have your home on the market, you’re playing a waiting game. We will schedule an open house and get feedback from buyers who tour your home. When you get an offer, we will monitor the inspection and appraisal process, handle negotiations, and facilitate closing. Finding Your Buyer As your agents, we will know just who to target and what will win their hearts. We will match your home’s strength with the buyer’s needs. We will also reach out to our personal contacts and the RE/MAX network to see who’s looking for a home like yours. Whether you’re moving across town or cross-country, we have the connections to help you successfully buy a home while selling yours. To help coordinate all the moving parts, we will connect you with mortgage, insurance, and settlement experts, either locally or in your new location. And, when the big day arrives, we will rally the people and the paperwork needed to close.
Curious about what’s happening in your neighborhood? You can create a custom market report to see what’s active, under contract, and sold in your neighborhood!
Considering selling or refinancing your home? Get an INSTANT property valuation now!
Contact us today to find out how we can be of assistance to you!