Buying a home represents your single biggest investment. The home buying process can be exciting, and sometimes a stressful experience. This is true whether you’ve bought many homes or you’re looking to buy your first. As your REALTOR®, we will help guide you through the process from start to finish–from walking through the door of your potential home to signing your loan documents at title.
1. Get Pre-Approved For A Loan We strongly recommend that you get pre-approved for a loan before you start viewing homes. The preapproval process involves meeting with a lender and discussing your current financial situation and credit history. The lender will provide you with a document that details how much you can borrow. If you are not currently working with a lender, we can supply you with a list of qualified local lenders. The Benefits of Pre-Qualification Include: • You’ll have information about what you can afford and what type of loan is best suited for your current situation. • As a qualified, motivated buyer, you’ll be taken more seriously when you make an offer on a home.
2. View Homes and Select THE ONE Simply put, the key to the home search process is knowing what you’re looking for. Among other things, that means distinguishing between “must-haves” and “like-to-haves”. We will help you distinguish these needs and help point out important features of each home.
3. Make An Offer And Negotiate With The Seller Once you’ve found the home you’d like to buy, it’s time to make an offer. Your offer will enable you to specify a sale price and other various terms, such as the closing and possession dates, your deposit amount, and other conditions. Once we’ve written the offer, we will present it to the seller’s agent. We will utilize our knowledge of the local market and strategic negotiating skills to advise you and present the strongest offer possible.
4. Secure Your Financing Once you have an accepted offer with the seller, it’s time to go back to your lender to finalize your mortgage details so you can close the deal.
5. Investigate This is the time to do any and all investigations on the property. Your lender will order an appraisal to ensure the home is at current market value. And we will schedule inspections, and order a title search.
6. Close The Deal It’s time to sign loan docs and fund the loan. When purchasing your home with us, the experience of taking ownership will be a positive joy with no surprises.